Date: Posted 23-Jul-2014, Closing 09-Sep-2014 (EST)
Location: Windsor, ON, CAN
Employment Type: Full Time
• For all assigned programs the following are required to ensure items are completed on time and meet all technical needs for the design, content of documents and accuracy of these:
• Prepare CAD request
• Prepare supplier RFQ documents
• Prepare design to cost information
• Prepare prototype requests and prepare needed materials for the order
• Prepare inventory adjustment forms to obtain production materials
• Prepare ECP documents
• Prepare specifications for each program
• Prepare engineering stack up studies and engineering analysis (i.e. FEA, stress, creep effects, etc) for projects
• Prepare the program DVP&R
• Prepare the program DFMEA
• Prepare design reviews with associate departments
• Prepare component drawings and customer drawings
• Prepare information for the PDP deliverables
• Provide information for team open issues as related to engineering deliverables in PDP
• Provide information for customer open issues as related to engineering deliverables to the customer
• Liaison with customer engineering
• Report / input on competitive activities
• Assist in supporting communization of tooling and component designs
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Identify cost reduction opportunities and assist in implementation
• University degree Mechanical Engineering
• Understand the mechanics of plant equipment for processing, testing, and inspecting product components/assembly.
• Understand customer's quality/manufacturing/engineering methods and practices.
• Knowledge of benchmarking.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Have the necessary computer skills to communicate with internal/external customers.
Apply Now Return to Jobs Page